Friday, October 23, 2009

CLT is the Place to BE!

I was introduced to an amazing place the other day. Seriously. The Center for Learning and Technology. Did anyone know that existed?? I did not, that's for sure. What a neat surprise. Located on the bottom floor of the library, this fantastic place was created with the help of funding from AT&T. Robert Chapman, one of the workers in the CLT, introduced us to the many opportunities that are available there. To start with, CLT has both Mac and PC computers, so no arguments about which computer system the school likes better will be had down there. Whew. Secondly, there are all the latest versions of programs related to digital media installed in the computers, so we can put together really cool projects for our classes to impress our teachers (always a plus). Thirdly, there are SCANNERS down here. Yay. Fourthly, students can check out digital cameras/etc to use, which is SO convenient. Fifthly (how long should I keep this going?), the people who work in CLT are awesome--if you do not know how to use a program like Photoshop, they are ready and willing to help you out with learning the basics. That is so cool. Sixthly (now this is getting old), there is a classroom that groups can reserve for practicing presentations. I think I will come to CLT more often, especially now that I know it exists. I like to try out nice, new computers. I have a PC, so I think it would be fun to try out a Mac. Anyways, it was a lovely Thursday spent learning about CLT. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


My family