Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Excelled at Excel

I know, I am so punny. But seriously, I never thought I could be somewhat good at Excel. I would not say I excelled at it, but that worked for my title ;-). I'll be honest: I have never used Excel before this class, so when I list the things I've learned, it will pretty much consist of...everything? BUT the most interesting part of Excel to me was the formulas that we could enter into the spreadsheet and then drag down. How awesome is that?! A computer doing math for you without a calculator? It's like heaven for people who are not math experts (me). Also, the graphs that you can use are so neat. I wish I had known how to do those in high school instead of having to draw all the graphs. Computer generated graphs are so cool. I know that I will be using graphs like that in the future. What else? Hm. I did not know that Excel had so many different tools and functions and pretty colors. It is quite a complex system. Before this class, I thought that Excel was just some chart thing that was boring and pointless. I was quite wrong, clearly. I have learned that I was wrong in my assumption (that happens occasionally)! Oh! Another thing: that IF function is miraculous. How great is that?! You can label certain categories just by typing in a formula that's in English, not some gibberishy symbol thing you would do in computer science (no offense to people who like computer science). Excel can be used for a myriad of things (is that not the best word ever?): calculating how much you will have to pay back for loans per month, wedding budgets, showing data over the course of time, figuring out how much money you have in your account by using a running balance (I will definitely use that), and oh so much more! I could go on, but I think I am too hyper for this right now, and I need to stop before I start listing the 100 things I love about Excel. Thank you :-).

1 comment:

  1. :]] I always lovelovelove reading your blogs. You're so cute. :]] That's all. xo.

    ReplyDelete


My family